Roasted Cauliflower Pasta Bake
|Cherry / Plum Tomatoes|
- Pre cook some pasta. I like fusilli. I measure my portion by putting a little pasta in to a bowl per person. Cook pasta half way, so still a little hard. You just want to soften it.
- Break apart the head of a cauliflower into florets about 2″ in diameter and drizzle with a little olive oil and salt. Roast in a preheated oven at Gas 4 / 180˚C / 160˚C fan.
- In a pan, saute some garlic in olive oil. Gradually add spinach till wilted down. You will need quite a bit. Season, add a shake of dried basil and stir in a pot of Ricotta cheese (250g for large two person portion).
- Lay the pasta in a dish and mix with some tomato sauce (you can use my easy, freezer tomato sauce from my make ahead section, or a ready to use jar).
- Pop the cauliflower florets, stems down, in the pasta. Drop the spinach ricotta mixture in and around the cauliflower to cover the bake. Poke cherry/plum tomatoes on top.
- Cover with foil and bake when ready at about Gas 3 / 170˚C / 150˚C fan for 30/40 mins. To finish, remove foil and top bake with mixed seeds, crushed crackers and a little grated cheddar.